Not Charging: PopPower works with most PopGrips, and can even charge through phone cases up to 5 mm thick. There are certain exceptions, however, which you should bear in mind if your charger is not working.
(i) Metal objects interfere with all wireless chargers. If your PopGrip contains a metal shell, you’ll need to remove the top before charging.
(ii) If your phone is only reaching an 80% charge: This is normal behavior, and does not mean your PopPower is broken! We promise. This is specific to iPhones and is related to a software update. iOS (13.1) introduced a new Optimized Battery Charging setting and it’s turned on by default. The iPhone stops charging at 80%, and then tries to predict when you’ll use your phone next while it prepares to charge the remaining 20%. Apple has implemented this change to support your phone battery’s overall health! You can turn this setting off if you navigate to Settings → Battery Health → Optimized Battery Charging.
(iii) PopPower works best when your PopGrip is as close to centered as you can get it. If your PopGrip isn’t centered, you might need to reposition it or take the PopTop off!
To remove your PopTop: Collapse your grip flat and turn 90° in any direction until you hear a click.
Too Hot: Try not to sweat it--wireless charging is generally a hot process, so some heat is normal. PopPower was engineered to automatically shut off if the internal PCB temp reaches 181.4F. Externally the charger will be much lower. If you still have concerns, don’t hesitate to submit a request.